Glenda Schmidt established Schmidt Financial in 1993, after more than a decade at a Silicon Valley high tech company. Realizing that most of the family wealth was linked to the equity of her and her husband’s employers, she knew they had to manage that risk and better plan for the future.
She also knew scores of young professionals in this same circumstance. Out of this dilemma, Schmidt Financial Group was born – an independent Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm geared toward high net-worth individuals and families looking for technology expertise, objective advice and customer service.
Schmidt Financial group was created to help provide:
- A background in managing concentrated equity positions effectively.
- Experience and expertise across a broad range of planning areas – not just investments, but also proactive tax planning, insurance planning and estate planning.
- An analytical, scientific approach to building a financial plan that would be their own playbook to financial freedom.
- An advisor that made clients feel as though they and their goals were important.
- Periodic, face-to-face meetings that weren’t rushed or hurried, but took as much time as necessary to answer questions.
- Objective advice that wasn’t biased towards specific funds or products.
Now with over two decades of experience and clients throughout the technology sector - e.g. Snapchat, Amazon, Google, etc. - Schmidt Financial Group is a recognized leader in providing comprehensive financial planning advice and wealth preservation strategies to technology professionals with concentrated equity positions.
Led by Evan Schmidt, Glenda’s son and Vice President, the team at Schmidt Financial Group works with clients in Los Angeles (the Silicon Beach), San Francisco (the Silicon Valley), Seattle, and more.